Friday 3 June 2016

Kids Ink Talks Fatherhood, New Album & Fetty Wap

                   

Kid Ink can add father to his résumé. Just days after he and his fiancée, Asiah Azante, welcomed their first child, the “Show Me” rapper was back to work, performing at Power 106’s Valentine’s Crush concert in L.A. Fresh off the stage, the new dad spoke to Rap-Up TV about his baby girl, Aislin Parvaneh Collins.
“I’m excited to raise this child into this new world and give her some of that old school knowledge that’s missing in this new generation,” he said.
When his daughter “Ace” was born, he celebrated with champagne. “When she was born, I popped a Rosé Ace of Spades in dedication for her.”



Just a couple months ago, Kid Ink delivered his surprise DJ Mustard-produced project Summer in the Winter, and he’s ready to show fans another side with his next album.
Summer in the Winter was one of those projects that I wanted to get out fully with DJ Mustard to kind of exhaust me with that sound and give my all to those fans who like me and that Mustard radio sound,” he explained. “Now, with this next album, I’ma try to move on to a different Kid Ink aspect, a different vibe, and see how I can gain some new fans and still please my old fans with being me.”

Before that album drops, he plans to shoot a video for his Summer in the Winter single “Promise,” which features Fetty Wap.

“We’ve got the treatment ready,” he said. “It’s a dope idea. We just gotta link up. It’s one of those things…We’re both busy. We both been getting it. My brother’s out here doing his thing, so I gotta find time when he gets to L.A. to get that done…Until then, I’ma be dropping a bunch of videos from the project.”
He’s already delivering on that promise. Just last week, Kid Ink dropped the stalker-themed visuals for “That’s on You.”

No comments:

Post a Comment